Sometimes I love moving and sometimes it can be very frustrating. I enjoy moving to new places, meeting new people, and creating new experiences. You quickly learn that there isn't just one way to do things. I love the house hunting (though this one was the toughest). We realized we couldn't have it all-- the dream home and being able to fund our childrens various activities. We gave up the "perfect house" (as Abbie described it) because it didn't feel right and it would have restricted the number of activities our children could do. Six children with a variety of interests and talents creates a lot going on, and in California it is all more expensive.
Each time we move, we have to be patient as we look to find that sense of belonging. We have moved enough times that we realize that it usually takes at least a year. It is hard to watch children struggle as they adjust. It is great to watch children grow and become stronger because they face challenges straight on.
We faced so much opposition in moving to California, but each time we prayed we felt prompted that we should move. We have continued to face opposition since moving and question why we are here, but here we are and we can not throw in the towel and give up. We are here for awhile and hope to understand why we are here. It would have been easier to stay in Utah, but God didn't send us to earth to choose the easy way and he prompted us to move to California even though it is the harder path. He sent our family to California for a reason! One day I will know. Today I hold on to faith because that is all I have. I put my trust in Him because He has never let me down before.
- OneMomtoSix
- Ray and I have been married 24 years. We have 4 boys and two girls. We have lived in seven states, including Utah, Illinois, Arizona, Indiana, Colorado, California, Minnesota, and recently returned to Colorado. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we love our church. We enjoy being parents and helping our children through the ups and downs of life. Our oldest son, Jordan, served a mission for our church in Guatemala Quezaltenango and our second son, Aaron is currently serving in the France Lyon Mission. I recently completed a certification program to be a Strategic Strengths Coach and I love the impact this learning has had on my own life and I have a great desire to share my learning with others. Never a dull moment! Life is busy, sometimes complicated, but life is good, and we are blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment